Continuing our Meet the Locals series, we can’t WAIT to introduce you to Baker Tom! If you haven’t sunk your teeth into a slice of his epic sourdough – smothered in good Cornish dairy butter and maybe topped with one of our eggs straight from the hen house of course – you really haven’t been doing your Glynn Barton holidays right!! But they deliver to us here in the depths of the Cornish countryside so there’s still time to fix things!
Another one of those fantastic local producers, cooking up an absolute storm in Cornwall. We asked Baker Tom some of our nosiest questions so you can get to know him just a little better too!
2. What do you do?
Bake delicious bread and sweet treats.
3. What’s your hero product? The thing we HAVE to try!
Either our sourdough, our rosemary and sea salt focaccia or our infamous Saffron Buns.
4. If you were marooned on St Michaels Mount what would you take with you?
A good bottle of Cornish plonk
5. Best kept Cornish secret….. that you’re willing to share!
Add a dollop of Clotted Cream in your pasty before baking it, you wont look back.
6. What’s your top tip for holidaying in Cornwall with kids?
Always carry a blanket as you never know when you might be stopping to take in views.
7. Favourite thing about living and working in Cornwall?
We are so lucky to have a wealth of independent food & drink suppliers making awesome products.
8. Best Cornish beach?
9. Whats your favourite ice cream flavour?
Cornish clotted cream
10. If you could be a farm animal what would you be and why?
The Farmers Dog, because we get on with everyone and get to go inside the cottage for snuggles.
The bread is fab but don’t miss the brioche, pastries, cakes and scones too – all perfect for getting an incredible adventure day picnic ready to go! Order online and have them delivered right to your Glynn Barton door!