Of course we have a soft spot for other family run businesses, especially when they’re just up the road in Bodmin. Extra especially when they make something so ridiculously delicious! Enter Buttermilk! Tracey and David make the loveliest vegan and dairy free treats we’ve had…maybe ever. We stock their plant powered treats in our little shop here at GB so you can get your hand on some droolworthy snacks.
But first, let’s meet the lovely people behind Buttermilk!
Tracy McDonnell Goad
2. What do you do?
Managing Director, I try and steer my company forward
3. What’s your hero product? The thing we HAVE to try!
Our multiple award winning Caramel Nougat Bar…. Best vegan alternative to a mars bar ever!
4. If you were marooned on St Michaels Mount what would you take with you?
A loud speaker so I could shout back to shore when I needed another wine delivery!
5. Best kept Cornish secret….. that you’re willing to share!
Brae Hill in Daymer Bay translates to Hill Hill!
6. What’s your top tip for holidaying in Cornwall with kids?
Go to the Lost Gardens of Heligan, amazing place for kids with activities on each holiday.
7. Favourite thing about living and working in Cornwall?
The balance, beach after work on summer evenings or storm watching in the winter!
8. Best Cornish beach?
Holywell beach, amazing beach and the biggest sand dunes for surfing down!
9. Whats your favourite ice cream flavour?
Rhubarb and salted caramel, Ridiculously tasty.
10. If you could be a farm animal what would you be and why?
A pig, then I just relax in a mud bath all day long!
Thanks Tracey! Find out more about Buttermilk’s fantastic treats over on their website! And let us know if you try any of Tracey’s Cornish recommendations.
Head to our little shop to grab your plant powered Buttermilk treats.